What should a wedding venue include?
Your wedding is a once-in-a-lifetime experience, and you want to make your beginning as husband and wife a bold one. The most critical decision in setting the tone for your wedding ceremony & reception is the venue you select. Here are a few things that a perfect wedding venue should offer:
- A romantic ceremony setting with inspiring views.
- An elegant dining space complemented by a wide variety of seasonal cocktail & cuisine selections.
- A spacious ballroom where you & your guests can dance the night away.
- Plush, sophisticated décor and art inspired by the natural & historical surroundings.
- Enough space to accommodate your guest list.
- Luxurious, residentially inspired guestrooms & suites for those who have traveled from near & far for the special occasion, and the newlyweds, of course.
- Experienced planning specialists to assist you along the planning process & take care of on-site arrangements on your behalf.
How far in advance should you book a wedding venue?
It is important to understand that selecting a wedding venue can be a lengthy process. There are many factors to consider in planning this momentous occasion, including your budget, guest list, personal décor preferences, and convenience of access for your guests. Finding a venue that accommodates all of your needs can take time, especially if you’re planning a destination wedding with a picturesque ceremony backdrop.
Remember that while your love is unique, other couples may be considering the same date as you are. It would be best if you planned to start looking for your venue at least nine months before your desired wedding date and up to two years in advance for some of the most sought-after venues.
What types of wedding venues exist?
Weddings can take many forms, shapes, and sizes. From beach ceremonies to formal church services, banquet halls to trendy hotels, there is an abundance of venue options for you to consider. While there is no “right” choice, there is a perfect choice for you.
Close your eyes and picture the moment you say, “I do,” envision yourself sweeping across the dance floor with your newly pronounced life-partner, hear the cheers as you cut the cake. Once your vision is complete, start your search for a venue that provides you with everything you’ve dreamed of. A few factors to consider no matter what style of venue you select:
- Is there adequate parking to accommodate my guest list?
- Are there luxurious spaces where guests can drink, dine, and dance?
- Does the option exist to host outdoor events, weather permitting?
- Will the venue provide catering services, or do I need to contract an outside vendor?
Organizing these details & working with a venue that employees an experienced planning team will ensure that your wedding day is an unforgettable celebration of your love.
How do you plan a wedding at a hotel?
Planning a wedding can be challenging, but planning a wedding at a hotel doesn’t have to be, especially if the hotel employs a professional wedding coordinator to help you coordinate the details. Here are some simple ideas to make the process worry-free:
- First things first, take a tour of the hotel. Determine whether the hotel can accommodate your guest list size and desired date.
- Look for a hotel that is well furnished & decorated to avoid spending extra on staging services & rentals.
- If you have out of town guests on your list, ask the hotel about their policy on creating room blocks. Creating a room block will ensure that enough rooms are available for your guests well in advance.
- Lastly, make sure the hotel has different spaces like restaurants, a ballroom, outdoor networking spaces, and hospitality suites that will set the tone for various aspects of the day, from the moment you begin primping for the day until your head hits the pillow.
The perfect venue will make your wedding day an unforgettable one for everyone who attends it, and River House at Odette’s is a luxurious new option for couples searching for an east coast venue.